Free ASVAB Mechanical Comprehension Practice Test Questions – ASVAB Test Prep
The ASVAB Mechanical Comprehension Test is created to assess the candidates’ aptitude for understanding and applying the basic mechanics. This ASVAB test portion does not require the test takers to have an in-depth knowledge of the technical terms, however, you must know the fundamentals and what happens in the simplest mechanics. In fact, this sub-test covers the knowledges which are not used as widely as other ASVAB test parts, but having these basic comprehensions is very essential for certain jobs in the military services. In order to pass the ASVAB test, you must overcome all the questions in this portion and this is reason why you have to pay more attention to it. Besides, when taking these ASVAB test questions in Mechanical Comprehension area, test takers only have about 1 minute to complete each item. Therefore, understanding of the testing content and format is extremely crucial for all those who are hoping get the high results in the ASVAB exam. Let’s take a look at the following information to have more knowledge of this ASVAB section.
Free ASVAB Mechanical Comprehension Practice Test Questions
1. Mechanical Comprehension Question Topics
The Mechanical Comprehension ASVAB Test includes 3 subsections: the principles of mechanical devices, fluid dynamics and mechanical motion.
– The principles of mechanical devices will give you the questions on mechanical advantage, from-simple-to-compound machines, properties of materials and structural support.
– The fluid dynamics require test takers to answers the questions relevant to air and water pressure, emptying and filling tanks.
– The mechanical motion will comprise of the items about different systems such as systems of pulleys,gears, rotating wheels and disks, cam and cam followers, and cranks and pistons.
2. ASVAB Mechanical Comprehension Test format
In general, the test taker must complete 25 questions in 19 minutes if they take the paper-and-pencil ASVAB test. If they take the CAT-ASVAB version, they are required to answer 16 items in 20 minutes.
3. Some important ASVAB Mechanical Comprehension testing contents
a. Basic Concepts: Work, Energy, and Force
In order to solve all the ASVAB test questions in the ASVAB Mechanical Comprehension test, students must understand some basic concepts such as Energy, Work and Force.
-Work is a specific force applied over specific distance.
-Energy is the machine’s ability to do work. In reality, the energy can comes in some forms such as : kinetic energy, potential energy, chemical energy, electric energy, nuclear energy and solar energy.
-Force: is the power that pushes or pulls the objects. A force has a direction and a magnitude that you can measure.
b. Principles of Mechanical Devices
Machines are the certain devices multiplying force or motion. There are many different types of machines which range from simple devices to the complicated devices. The essential understanding of these machines will assist you in multiplying the force in the reality. First, you ought to learn how to calculate how much a machine can multiply your force.
– Mechanical Advantage (MA) is the amount your force is multiplied by a machine. There are 2 different ways for us to calculate MA as below.
MA = Load/Effort
MA = Effort distance/Load distance
– Simple machine: is a group of the most simple and basic devices. These machines are called simple because each of them is used to multiple a single force. These machines comprise of lever, pulley, inclined plane, gear, wedge, wheel, axle and screw.
– Compound Machine: consists of many simple machines working together. In order to find the mechanical advantage of a compound machine, you must multiply the MA of included simple machines together.
– Structural Support: when a load is supported by two support beams, posts or people, the loaf is absolutely balanced if it’s in the center position.
– Properties of Materials: mention the different materials with a variety of properties. Students will be given the questions on comparing the properties of dissimilar materials. You should focus on the ability to conduct heat of each material.
Above are some basic information for ASVAB Mechanical Comprehension Test and the study guide for some important content areas. In order to pass the ASVAB Exam, it’s very essential for students to understand all these knowledge and use them in their testing day. Apart from knowing these above fundamentals, it’s crucial for test takers to practice with the ASVAB test sample questions to get familiar with the test format and content as well as improve their test-taking techniques. With the hope to help all the ASVAB candidate to save their study time, I would highly recommend them to take a try with 20 Free ASVAB Mechanical Comprehension Practice Test Questions. This test contains the essential knowledge closest to the real test, so you can solve all the similar question in the official ASVAB exam. Besides, these free ASVAB practice test questions and full answers also help save your time by offering a list of nicely-designed multiple choice questions. Only with a few minutes to tick each item and check the prompt answers and instant scores after submitting the test, you will have a great opportunity to grasp understanding and perfect your ASVAB exam preparation. Jump into it soon!